- Département : Hepato‐gastroenterologie
- Équipe : Lotersztajn / Gilgenkrantz
- Fonction : responsable de l'équipe Lotersztajn / Gilgenkrantz, Chercheur ou Enseignant-Chercheur statutaire
Course and current status
1-Education background :
- Ph.D in biochemistry, University Paris 6 1982.
- Doctorat es Sciences, University Paris 6, 1985
2- Professional Experience :
- Deputy Director of the Center for Research in Inflammation (CRI, Inserm U1149)
- Head of the team « Inflammatory responses in chronic liver diseases », Center for Research on Inflammation (CRI, Inserm U1149)
- Liver representative in the Institute of Excellence Labex Inflamex
- 1983-1992 INSERM Research scientist (Inserm U99).
- 1984 Visiting scientist, Mc Master University, Hamilton, Canada
- 1990 and 1991 Visiting scientist, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, England
- 1992- 2006: Director of research (Inserm U99 and INSERM U581).
- 2007-2013 Director of research ( Institut Mondor de Recherche Biomédicale, Inserm U955)
- Since 2014 Center for Research on Inflammation, Paris
3- Membership of professional organizations and scientific expertise
- Chairman of the scientific Council of the Fondation pour la Recherche Médicale (2018-)
- Chairman of the Inserm study section (CSS5) 2012-2016
- Member of french scientific committes (INSERM study section, ANRS study secion AERES, ANR etc…for recruitment, grants and scientific evaluation)
- International scientific expertise (European Community, Israelian scientific Foundation, Swiss National Foundation,
- American University of Beyrouth, Spanish minister of health, german Volswagen Foundation etc..)
- Member of the International scientific Advisory Board of Liver Systems Medicine (LiSyM) that coordinate the german BMBF -sponsored research on liver metabolic diseases
- Member of the governing board of the French Association for the Study of the Liver (2008-11)
- Chairman of the Scientific Council of the National Research Program in Hepatology and Gastroenterology (2006-2008)
4- Editorial Activity
- Co-Editor Journal of Hepatology (2018-)
- Associate Editor Journal of Hepatology (2014-2018)
- Associate Editor American Journal of Physiology-Cell Physiology (2008-2018)
- Editorial Board member of American Journal of Physiology (Cell Physiology) 1999-2008.
- Editorial Board member of American Journal of Physiology (Gastrointestinal-Liver) 2009-14
- Editorial Board member of Molecular Pharmacology since 2003
- Editorial Board member of the Journal of Hepatology 2012-2014
My laboratory carries out research ion liver pathophysiology through translational projects that combine preclinical and clinical studies. Our general goal is to provide a better understanding of the mechanisms underlying fatty liver disease progression to cirrhosis and its complications, and to identify therapeutic targets and prognosis markers. We focus on the identification of immunometabolic targets that control liver inflammation, fibrosis and injury and control liver regeneration. We study how manipulating monocyte/macrophages and innate lymphoid cell phenotype impact on disease progression and target specific pathways, including the endocannabinoid system, lipid metabolism and autophagy.