- Contrat : CDD
- Team : Lotersztajn / Gilgenkrantz
- Publication : 11 June 2021
- Apply for this offer
Job offer Assistant Engineer in biological techniques
Center for Research on Inflammation, Faculty of Medicine Bichat, 75018 Paris
The team “Inflammatory responses and stress in chronic liver diseases” led by Drs Lotersztajn and Gilgenkrantz at the Center for Research on Inflammation (Faculty of Medicine Bichat, Paris) is a team made up of 4 researchers, 3 doctoral students, 1 post-doc, a study engineer, an assistant engineer and clinicians from the Hepatology and Medical Resuscitation Department at Beaujon Hospital. Our activities are focused on the study of chronic liver disease, in particular the mechanisms of cirrhosis with a particular focus on the role of inflammation. We have a vision of projects where each actor will carry out all
experiments in order to answer the questions that arise. In addition, we have a strong interaction between team members despite the diversity of projects.
We are looking for an assistant engineer in biological techniques to intervene in support of the laboratory projects. The assistant engineer will adapt and implement the techniques of biology as part of the team’s scientific projects. He / She will also participate in the management of the laboratory.
Assignment / contact structure
- Conduct, by adapting the experimental conditions, a set of techniques
DNA / RNA extraction, PCR, RT-PCR); cellular culture; biology and cellular.
- Manage the maintenance of transgenic lines associated with the various projects of the unit.
- Support the team in adapting the experimental protocols.
- Use the results obtained, guarantee their quality, keep a documented and rigorous experimentation book which will allow the quality of the results to be verified in accordance with ethical and scientific requirements
Suitability for this position:
- Sense of organization, rigor, method
- Communication and interpersonal skills (teamwork)
Desired degree (s) and experience (s)
- BTS or equivalent
- Authorization for animal experimentation level II (practitioner) if possible
- Have a good knowledge of English
- One or two years of professional laboratory experience would be a plus
INSERM U 1149 Research Center on Inflammation ( https://cri1149.fr/equipes/lotersztajngilgenkrantz/ )
Team : “Inflammatory responses and stress in chronic liver diseases”, Faculty
de Médecine Site Bichat • 16 rue Henri Huchard 75018 Paris
Type of Contract: CDD 2 years
Remuneration: According to the INSERM salary grid in force
Desired starting date: September 2021